Matrix calculator allows you to perform mathematical operations with matrices online, step-by-step. Using Matrix solver online, you can perform the necessary calculations with matrices, resulting in the desired response and a detailed solution sequence.
Matrix solver performs: matrix subtraction, matrix multiplication, transpose matrix, determinant of a matrix, rank of a matrix, and perform other operations with matrices. For all calculations, the answer provides explanations and references to the necessary theory. How to use the Matrix calculator is indicated in the tabs below. Additionally, at the end of the article, for convenience, there are links to materials on the Mathematics course "Matrix".
Our calculator will help you perform mathematical operations with matrices or check self-executed calculations.
Elements of the theory at the rate of Further Mathematics (Matrix):
A matrix is a mathematical writing of data in the form of a set of rows and columns, the number of which determines the size of the matrix. An entry in the form of a rectangular table containing m-rows and n-columns is called a matrix and is written in the form:
A matrix that has the same number of rows and columns (m = n) is called a square matrix with dimension n.
The matrix, in which all elements are equal to zero, is called the zero matrix.
Equal matrices are matrices in which all elements of the rows and columns of one matrix are equal to the corresponding elements of another matrix:
A matrix containing only one row or one column is called a vector and is written in the form:
Writing data in the form of a matrix allows you to compactly provide a set of data (numbers, symbols, variables, etc.) and subsequently perform mathematical operations on these data or mathematical transformations of the data recorded in the matrix.
The following mathematical operations can be performed on the data recorded as a matrix:
- find the determinant matrix
- find eigenvalues and matrix vector
- calculate the inverse matrix
- calculate matrix rank
- transpose matrix
- bring the matrix to a triangular form
- bring the matrix to a diagonal view
- perform LU matrix decomposition
- matrix multiplication by number
- raise matrix to power
Over two or more matrices, you can perform math operations:
- matrix addition
- matrix subtraction
- matrix multiplication
Matrix Calculator description
Using our matrix calculator, you can perform the necessary calculations with matrices, resulting in the desired answer and a detailed solution sequence. The matrix calculator allows you to perform operations with a single matrix or solve complex expressions with several matrices at once.
Fill in the fields for the matrix elements and click the corresponding button.
- Use the plus and minus keys to select the desired matrix size. If you need a non-square matrix, then just leave unnecessary cells empty.
- Specify the value of the matrix elements in the cells. Values can be:
- whole number:
- decimal (finite and periodic) fractions:
- arithmetic expressions:
- whole number:
- Click on the button with the name of the required mathematical operation or in manual mode enter the mathematical expression in a special field.
- Values in the solution results can be dragged with the mouse to different fields. For example, the resulting matrix can be dragged onto the source data field, for further resolution.